There is No Box to Think Outside of Yet…

It was oh-so-déjà-vu when I returned to the office after attending School of WOM. Just like my mother would do after a long day of classes, my boss asked me: What did you learn today? As if, magically, I had it all figured out. Did I dare quote author and futurist...

Thanks for the eye contact?

Is offline engagement dead? At last week’s School of WOM in Chicago, I approached one of the speakers after a session to thank him for an interesting presentation. When we shook hands, he said: “Thanks for the eye contact. For more than 40 minutes I only saw...

My SXSW Experience

Lots of people attending SXSW this year were newbies, including me. I came because I was invited to moderate a panel about the growth and impact of social marketing budgets. (more on that in a later post) The speaker packet that came with the job signaled some...

The “Community” Community

Community 2.0: A Shared Experience with a Common Purpose.   It’s all about the headline. Like my colleague Cheryl Treleaven reported last week, the ComBlu crew spent some quality time at Community 2.0. It was a small, intimate affair that spanned lots of...

On Being Awesome

I had heard good things about the Community 2.0 conference in prior years, so despite how crazy it was at the office, I decided to join a small ComBlu contingent and head out to Boston last week. It didn’t disappoint. Here are a few key takeaways from a Social Media...