The State of Online Branded Communities 2012
The 4th Annual “State of Online Branded Communities” Report is Now Available
ComBlu’s study of over 200 communities sponsored by 92 brands in 15 industries
shows a focus on advocacy as an engagement mission but a lack of adoption of
related best practices.
- Brands are not “connecting the dots” between community and post-purchase advocacy
- Some brands are starting to use content customization to personalize the community experience
- Some brands are “asleep at the wheel” when it comes to community management
- Top-performing brands don’t confuse the role of social and community, properly leveraging the two in an integrated ecosystem
- Despite the maturation of the discipline, worst practices still abound
Some brands seem to be entering a new, more sophisticated
stage of experimentation, and are applying learnings from past community and social programs to the next phase of maturation.