The State of Online Branded Communities 2010
The Second Annual “State of Online Branded Communities” Report is Now Avaliable
ComBlu’s study of 78 brands and 241 communities shows significant progress in adoption of best practices and a more strategic orientation to social engagement.
Plenty of good news:
- The percentage of brands exhibiting a Cohesive Strategy jumped from 20% to 33%, and the number of companies that qualified as High Performers increased from 11% to 33%.
- Activity levels are also significantly higher:
- The use of strategically-aligned engagement tools nearly tripled.
- Integration between branded online communities and mass social media increased from 32% to 76%.
And, lots of fertile ground for improvement:
- Nearly half of brands have no visible community manager.
- Fewer than 40% of brands have a rewards and recognition program.
- Only 20% of brands have a clearly identified advocate base.
- Brands are doing a much better job of delivering diverse engagement activities and are personalizing their community experience.
- Companies are applying a more disciplined approach to the deployment of their social assets.
- A few industries are applying a Center of Excellence approach.