Get the Message

A few days ago, I attended the funeral of a dear friend’s father. The funeral was held at a church I do not attend in a community about 30 minutes from my home. Before the service began, the members of the church engaged in traditions for their religious community...

Your taxonomy or mine?

A simplified approach to segmentation.   Our industry applies many labels to people based on known usage and behavioral patterns with social media. There are great thought leaders and researchers in this space comparing historical data to emerging trends. However, we...

#neverforget – How could we?

This weekend, The New York Times reported that in the days leading up to the 10th anniversary of 9/11, #neverforget was one of the top trending hashtags, and according to social media analytics firm, Trendrr, tweets on the topic exceeded 3 million on Sunday alone....

Back to School with a Bing!

As I helped my daughters prepare to go back to school, I couldn’t stop thinking about how different school is for my kids than it was for me. Even the preparation has changed so much! Items I bought for my girls that were not on my back-to-school shopping list when I...

Facebook and the “Close” Factor

A few weeks ago, the folks at Pew Internet released a study: Social Networking Sites and Our Lives. The study comes on the heels of recent claims that social networks have a negative effect on our ability to trust and connect with others both online and...