Reduce customer service escalation instances, decrease churn rates and drive down the high costs of support.
- Sunset existing online resources and build a community platform as a single, intuitive, comprehensive experience for all product support content.
- Identify and activate customer advocates and experts to partner with customer service, engineering and marketing teams.
- Reduced the percent of Microsoft-generated support responses from over 90% to 20%.
- Decreased overall cost of product support by 63%.
- Resulted in over 500% program ROI.
- Increased overall customer satisfaction by more than 30%.
- Identified, recruited and activated a select group of advocates and expert product users.
- Created escalation processes and protocols for an integrated support experience.
- Built a community platform to serve as a single online destination for support content (e.g., how-to videos, white papers, tips and tricks, etc.).
- Created and executed advocate engagement strategy.
- Established formal feedback channel between advocates and the brand.
- Crowdsourced gamification strategy with community council.
- Evolved member engagement beyond how-to support to conversations on small-business solutions (SEO, UI, advertising and marketing).
- Developed a scalable community platform that would support the Office Live Small Business community in 50 countries and 90 languages.