Integrate social into the marketing mix.
- Adopt a COE approach to social.
- Use interactive workshops as a channel for brainstorming and discussion between legal, compliance, product and marketing leaders.
- Seeded a way for the company to explore how social media can effectively integrate into the company’s communications strategy while aligning with FDA guidelines
- Developed a two-day workshop to include a wide spectrum of professionals and disciplines in the conversation so people could make decisions from a common base of insight and knowledge. The workshop included:
- Exploring the full consumer social media universe and how various elements are or could be applied to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Reviewing how to understand the way consumers are already engaging around healthcare topics.
- Debating the best way to join the vast online healthcare conversation.
- Examining the pros and cons of various approaches.
- Assessing how the FDA could view various program elements.
- Performing exercises to use knowledge in a practical way.